Pages

18 de fev. de 2018

Alice dreamed by Nikki Morris


 Nikki Morris

"Artists acrylic and watercolour on primed Bockingford 200lb Watercolour paper, matt varnished. 

Alice makes a return, she often appears when I have allot on my mind, I get inspired. I love these ones the most, where the surrealism is organic and comes from a place really personal but yet comes together visually just beautifully....will be my new screen saver across devices! 

Alice sits reading, the cover a nod to the First Edition again, but deliberately incomplete, is the 'Looking Glass' ice? water? mirror? It is not a complete reflection either, an ink pot and quill await her instruction, the time on the pocket watch reads 11:11 and a four leaf clover drinks ink from the inkwell. Dripping ink from the nib has gone through to the other side, making a 'cloud' of ink through the surface....I'll leave you to interpret, but it is intriguing, hopeful and feels inspirational to me. . Bright, fresh, striking feel to each, just LOVE how all the colours pop against one another giving them a lively contemporary feel" Nikki Morris



  Nikki Morris

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile