Pages

1 de set. de 2010

Alice by Mary Kline Misol 1


Mary Kline Misol studied the photographs of Alice Liddell and her sisters taken by Lewis Carroll and Julia Margaret Cameron. These images were recreated in curious chess board games of light and colors, blurring memories of other childhoods.

"Figures are caught in momentary reverie suggesting a moment when the Muse bridges the gap between reality and the transcendental." Mary Kline Misol

"My imagery revolves around figurative subjects, compositions, botanicals, and landscapes. My still life works incorporate ethnic objects, such as puppets and ceramic figures, that I personify with their placement in the compositions. I strive for a portrait like quality in my figurative works. I am influenced by literature, myth and poetry and I draw on all three for inspiration. My botanicals include the indigenous flora and fauna that grow and thrive in my woods." Mary Kline Misol




Mary Kline Misol



Lewis Carroll / Alice Liddell



Mary Kline Misol


Lewis Carroll / Lorina Liddell



Mary Kline Misol

Lewis Carroll / Alice, Edith and Lorina Liddell



Mary Kline Misol

Lewis Carroll / Alice Liddell



Mary Kline Misol


Julia Margareth Cameron / Alice Liddell





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile