Alice in process…

Instead of the question “Who is Alice?” there are now paths leading to what Alice might come to be…

11 Apr 2011

The Smile



Luiz Zerbini


This is my favorite picture of the smile without a cat. Instead of a drawing of a smiling mouth, Zerbini created something different. The smile is the light that crosses the hole, an immaterial presence, a spark.

Last week I gave a lecture on Alice trough her multiple pictures, metamorphic bodies, kaleidoscopic identity. At the end I showed this mystery. One of the participants gave a possible and impossible solution.

In this picture we are inside the Cat's body, the light is the outside, he said.

I believe there isn't a right answer, but this possibility turned inside out my already accommodated old discoveries.

more about Zerbini's Alice HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment