Pages

3 de out. de 2010

I am Alice


Many years ago I founded a Disney Alice Record completely warped. I suddenly began to play with its stutter sounds, noises, voices and echoes, creating and recording a musical puzzle. The result is a funny game of words, a collage with dislocated meanings. My actual husband, Paulo Beto, boyfriend at that time, who is an amazing eletronic music composer, recreated the material, remixing the jumping sounds.

You are welcome to loose your heads HERE

After sometime I've created my Alice illustrations, and have constructed the characters as assemblages, using a plethora of symbolic objects. (See it HERE) Alice (in Wonderland), herself, I didn't create in that moment since she would be represented by a series of vintage photographs. It was in 1998. Twelve years later, finally, Alice was born.

We have just created one video over that musical experience. A work in progress where I construct an assembled Alice with a hookah, a clock, cards, keys, mushrooms, butterflies and tears. Alice is a machine of multiple transformations, which looses her identity in labyrinthic metamorphosis.



 
 Vídeo: Adriana Peliano and Paulo Beto


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile