Pages

6 de jan. de 2020

Wasp in a Wig Challenge by Larissa Averbug




"Dear all,

Please to fancy, if you can, that you are reading a real letter, from a real friend whom you have seen, and whose voice you can seem to yourself to hear wishing you, as I do now with all my heart, a happy New Year.

 I write to send you good news but must begin to introduce myself. Some of you have already known me pretty well (as you have read my secret diaries, which makes me feel ready to sink into the earth). I shall sign my real name, but I have, as Lewis Carroll, written two little books for children, called Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. Talking of writing, I found quite impressive this new kind of ink-and-paper-free letter but spent ages to pick each letter up in such a queer typewriter. Well, at least, no more wasting time with bad handwriting! I mean it from experience. Years ago, I spent about a week to read a letter from a friend written in one of the most atrocious hands ever invented!

Anyway, it seems I had been sleeping since 1898 and suddenly woke up in a wonderful dream, in which people have learned about me and my Alice stories for more than one hundred and fifty years. One of my characters, however, was crossed out from the story, forgotten in the past, poor thing! It is the Wasp in a Wig. Larissa Averbug, a great friend of mine, is helping me to bring it alive. Can you believe it is possible? Oh, dear! I am back to life myself, don't you see? And you reply: "That is impossible! I can't believe impossible things". It is hard to believe, no doubt.

But then check out what these great artists have done recently:  

and also this Manifesto I have received from a mysterious author: find both English and Portuguese version attached. Here it is the great puzzle: who wants to play the next move on the chessboard? Alice is eager to become a queen, so please let me know if you are joining the challenge. We have big dreams for the Wasp in 2020! 

Your affectionate friend..."

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson [alias Lewis Carroll]


Um comentário:

  1. Adriana, o Adilson da Cultrix-Pensamento me prometeu há cerca de 2 anos me apresentar vc. E eu esperei... Mas, achando seus blogs resolvi te escrever. Eu sou Adriana também e Alicepaixonada desde os dois anos de idade. Tenho objetos, livros e pdfs, aos montes de Alice. Estudo o século vitoriano e o nosense há 18 anos. Acho q a gente tem q se conhecer. Bjs

    ResponderExcluir

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile