Alice in process…

Instead of the question “Who is Alice?” there are now paths leading to what Alice might come to be…

13 Oct 2009

Advice from Cindy Sherman

cindy

The Caterpillar and Alice looked at each other for some time in silence:
at last the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth, and addressed her in a languid, sleepy voice.


Who are YOU?

I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

What do you mean by that? Explain yourself!

I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir, because I'm not myself, you see.

I don't see.

I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly, for I can't understand it myself to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing.

It isn't.

Well, perhaps you haven't found it so yet; but when you have to turn into a chrysalis - you will some day, you know - and then after that into a butterfly, I should think you'll feel it a little queer, won't you?

Not a bit.

Well, perhaps your feelings may be different; all I know is, it would feel very queer to ME.
You! Who are YOU?


collage by Adriana Peliano over Cindy Sherman


No comments:

Post a Comment